Pesquisar este blog

sábado, 5 de março de 2011

The connections

With all the hardware in hand, I started connected the new equipment to my home theater system.  I have a Onkyo SX-TR705 received and a Sony Full HD LCD display. The receiver is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable and decided to also use HDMI connection between the Zotac Mag and the receiver. I know I will have a lot of work to make this connection work properly, with surround sound and everything, but I knew this would not be easy when I first started. The great advantage is that HDMI is one cable that will give me Full HD video and surround sound.

As far as network connections, I am connecting the Zotag Mag with an Ethernet cable to my router directly. Eventually I will use wireless, but for the initial setup I believe it will be better to use hardwired cables.

The Zotac also must be connected to the HD PVR. This is a simple USB connection from the pc to the DVR box. HD PVR connections are also ver simple. In my case, I connected the component video and stereo audio from my cable box to the PVR, using the included cable and then reconnected the cables that were connected to the cable box before to the HD PVR outputs. I intend to use digital audio capture in the future, but for now stereo is enough.


And that's it in terms of connections: power supply, HDMI cable out and network connection. Not bad actually, very simple setup.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário